The road to success leads through the valley of humility, and the path is up the ladder of patience and across the wide barren plains of perseverance. As yet, no shortcut has been discovered. ~Joseph L. Lamb

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Show Report, Las Vegas Winter Fling Feb. 19/20, 2011







Congratulations to Brenda Whiteley and Poetic Justice for earning the High Point Vintage award! Brenda rode Training Level Test 3-Q to a 67.2% on Saturday, Training Level Test 2 to a 67.5% on Sunday, and Training Level Test 3-Q to a 68.888% on Sunday. She has earned one of two scores required to qualify for the USDF Regional Championships. She has also, with her scores from this show and the November show, now qualified for the California Dressage Society's Adult Amateur Championships, with the Southern Championship show to be held in August in beautiful Del Mar.

I'd also like to congratulate Jenny Campos and Brendijs on their very first Recognized competition. Jenny has been successful at the schooling level, and decided it was time to up the ante. She learned a lot and has gained some valuable insight. I expect wonderful things from this pair. Their scores were very respectable, and will only improve.
Lastly, I'd like to thank Brenda for choosing me to help her bring along her lovely young mares. In 2009, her mare Bold Rhythm Rules(Ruby) helped me earn the final scores needed to obtain a USDF Rider Performance Award for Training Level. I had already earned three of those scores on my own mare, Charisma, in 1999 and 2000, prior to moving to Canada. I'm happy to report that as of this last show, and of course pending final verification from USDF, I have now earned all scores needed for a Rider Performance Award at First level, thanks to the scores I earned at the November show and this show, on Poetice Justice(Cookie). I earned two scores previously on Charisma, and earned the remaining two with Cookie. I can honestly say that I earned these awards, along with the Rider Performance Award at Second level, exclusively on horses that I trained myself. While not everyone agrees, to me as a professional in this industry, this is an important distinction, to be able to say I trained the horses that I rode.




Making the Most of Your Training Dollar

 Let's face it, owning horses is not an inexpensive proposition. Buying the horse is the least expensive thing you'll do as a horse ...